2021 Toyota Prius Gas Mileage
When you think of fuel-efficient vehicles around Mount Laurel, the Toyota Prius and its extraordinary mpg ratings is usually the first car that comes to mind. As the first hybrid vehicle to enter the US market back in 2001, the Toyota Prius set the standard for all hybrid cars and fuel efficiency. Today, the 2021 Toyota Prius provides not only remarkable fuel efficiency but also offers ample cargo room, an AWD-e powertrain option, and a host of high-tech features. Learn more about the Toyota Prius hybrid MPG here, and to explore it in person, contact Holman Toyota.
2021 Prius Gas MPG
As you know, the Toyota Prius is a hybrid vehicle, meaning it uses both a combustion engine and an electric motor to provide incredible fuel efficiency. The 2021 Prius comes standard with a 1.8L four-cylinder engine and electric motor. Check out the Toyota Prius gas mileage by trim level below:
- Toyota Prius L Eco: 58 MPG City/53 MPG Highway* EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy
- Toyota Prius LE: 54 MPG City/50 MPG Highway* EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy
- Toyota Prius LE AWD-e: 51 MPG City/47 MPG Highway* EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy
- Toyota Prius XLE: 54 MPG City/50 MPG Highway* EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy
- Toyota Prius XLE AWD-e: 51 MPG City/47 MPG Highway* EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy
- Toyota Prius Limited: 54 MPG City/50 MPG Highway* EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy
The Prius LE AWD-e and the Prius XLE AWD-e models come with an AWD-e powertrain for enhanced traction on Maple Shade roads, which lowers their MPG ratings slightly.
2021 Prius AWD-e Powertrain
The Toyota Prius was re-designed in 2019, and they added an electronic all-wheel-drive powertrain option in addition to its standard front-wheel-drive powertrain. The AWD-e allows drivers to handle challenging terrain and inclement weather conditions on the Marlton roads with ease. While this powertrain does lower your Toyota Prius gas mileage a bit, the benefit of additional traction and ground clearance makes it a worthwhile trade-off. Here’s what to expect from the AWD-e powertrain:
- Increased traction in the snow and rain
- Easily navigate dirt or gravel road conditions
- EPA-estimated combined 51 MPG* fuel efficiency rating
- Provides additional traction up to 43 MPG (the highest MPG for any vehicle equipped with AWD)
- Toyota Safety Sense P™ (TSS-P) standard on AWD-e trim levels
The AWD-e powertrain option is only provided on the top Toyota Prius configurations: the Prius LE AWD-e and the Prius XLE AWD-e. These trims also include class-exclusive amenities like heated seats, a heated steering wheel, wireless phone charging, and a lot more!
Learn More About the Toyota Prius Hybrid MPG at Holman Toyota
Now that you know more about the 2021 Toyota Prius MPG and its available AWD powertrain contact us to schedule a test drive around the Cherry Hill area. Our friendly team will help you find the Prius configuration right for your budget and lifestyle! When you’re ready to take the next step, apply for financing online. Contact us today!